Name : Dr Aniruddha Burmon
Father’s Name : Late Ajit Kumar Burmon
Mother’s Name: Late Pranati Burmon
Address : Hitendra Narayan Road, Rani Bagan, Patakura,
P.O. & Dist – Cooch Behar, West Bengal 736101
Education Qualification : M.A. (Eng), M. Ed, PGDTE, CIC, PhD
Date of Birth : 1958, April 24
Job Objective: Senior level assignments in Teaching and Administration with a progressive organization of high repute
An accomplished Academician with rich experience in Teaching, Research, Administration, Training & Development, Relationship Management, Consulting in a distinguished career spanning over 37 years. Presently designated as Associate Professor in English, B.Ed Section, University BT & Evening College, Cooch Behar. Experience of facilitating /coaching students by using interactive discussions and “hands-on” approaches to help students and teachers learn and apply concepts in ELT & Educational Technology/Instructional Science – Holds the merit of conducting a Minor Research Projects under the UGC – Prestige of working as Field – Investigator for a UNICEF Project – Distinction of instituting proactive initiatives; including the Case Methodology of Teaching, Two-Way Learning Highly successful in building relations with key decision-makers in Professional Bodies with focus on organising Conferences / Seminars, Workshops increasing visibility of the Institute as well as augmenting knowledge of Students.
- Presently also with the Oxford University Press as an ELT Resource Person.
- An accomplished professional with A. (English), B.Ed and Ph.D from North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong, a Post Graduate Diploma in the Teaching of English (PGDTE) from prestigious Central Institute of English & Foreign Languages (presently, EFL University) and M.Ed and a Certificate in Computing (CIC) from Indira Gandhi National Open University.
College: (33 yrs (approx)
- Oct’01-Mar’08 & July ’09 till the present day with University BT & Evening College, Cooch Behar as Associate Professor in English (B.Ed Section)
- Oct’83-Oct’01 with Tura Govt. College, Meghalaya as Lecturer (Selection Grade) in English
- Jun’80-Feb’82 with Zunheboto College, Nagaland as Lecturer in English
School: Over 2 yrs (approx)
- Feb ’83-Oct ’83 with Assam Rifles Public School as Senior Subject MASTER IN English
- June ’82 – Feb ’83 with Tukrajhar Higher Secondary School as Subject Teacher (English)
- BA (Hons): Approx 18 yrs
- BEd: 19 yrs
- MA: 10 yrs (Approx)
- Principal, Bakshirhat Mahavidyalaya, Bakshirhat w.e.f. 1st April 2008 to 30th June 2009
- Principal, JNV, Sivasagar w.e.f. 18th October 2000 to 20th October 2000 to 15th October 2001
- Dormitory Master in Assam Rifles Public School, Shillong w.e.f. 28th Feb 1983 to 10th Oct 1983
- Associate NCC Officer, Tura Govt. College w.e.f. 22nd May 1996 to 19th Oct 2000
Presently with Oxford University Press as an ELT Resource Person for the Eastern Region and rest of India
Areas of Expertise:
- Coordinating with the faculty members for altering the prevailing courses / curriculum/ syllabus based on the requirements.
- Recognizing, respecting & nurturing the creative potential of each student.
- Preparing exercises, questionnaires and assignments for students at various levels.
- Responding to the queries in a spontaneous manner.
- Setting & marking assignments and tests.
- Assessing students’ work for internally assessed components of qualifications.
- Observing students’ work, behaviour and attendance.
- Preparing & maintaining records and write reports on students.
- Establishing and implementing program review and outcome assessment criteria, standards, systems, and procedures; integrating the same into future departmental planning.
- Ensuring an effective instructional program for all students
- Reviewing the pre set educational goals, objectives, and major district wide classroom instructional programs, establishing academic and other performance objectives.
- Counselling students on personal, educational, or vocational matters.
- Carrying out the admission activities; Interpreting and overseeing the enforcement of academic policies and procedures as they pertain to candidacy for admission to academic programs.
- Organising seminars, workshops, lectures, presentations and study camps for students at various levels.
- Overseeing the preparation of MIS reports, handling of top & confidential correspondence & management of document flow.
Training & Development
- Interacting with faculty to assess training needs of the students & conduct Workshops, Classroom sessions etc.
- Designing Training Course & Syllabus, organising & conducting practical and theoretical training programs, to Enhance knowledge & skills.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of Training Programs by constantly developing & implementing pre and post assessment tools.
- Coordinator of Career Counselling
- Encourage and facilitate co-operation with other Institutions as well as Organisations and Corporate Bodies.
- Represent the Institution at Conferences as well as Official Functions.
- Network with Other Educational Institutions at National level to improve existing courses and develop new courses.
Across the tenure
- Distinction of organizing State level seminar on Sociology of Resource Use with Special Reference to Meghalaya at Tura Govt. College, Tura in 1991
- Acted as Head Examiner of English, in School Boards (Meghalaya Board of School Education & West Bengal Board of Secondary Education), Councils (West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education) and Universities (University of North Bengal)
- University Questions set for North-Eastern Hill University, Nagaland University and North Bengal University Educational Trips with B.Ed students to various institutions
- Papers evaluated for North-Eastern Hill University, Nagaland University and University of North Bengal
- Papers moderated, scrutinised, for University of North Bengal
- Papers examined for University of North Bengal, North-Eastern Hill University, Nagaland University and Meghalaya Board of Education.
- Worked as Tabulator for Meghalaya Board of School Education.
- Presently guiding one PhD scholar and have guided one M.Phil Scholar
- Acted as External Examiner for evaluating B.Ed students and Communicative English all over North Bengal
- Venue-in-Charge, for UG & PG Examinations of Netaji Subhas Open University
- Worked as Associate NCC Officer from 1996 to 2000
- Worked as Coordinator, Distance Education Study Centre, University BT & Evening College
- Worked as System Administrator, University BT & Evening College
- Working as Coordinator, Career Counselling Cell, University BT & Evening College
- Selected as a Master Resource person (ELT) by Institute of English, Kolkata in the year 2006
- Selected as a Key Resource Person (ELT) by West Bengal Board of Primary Education 2010
- Selected as a Resource Person for the Eastern Region of India by Oxford University Press & conducted a number of Workshops in different states of India.
- Selected on a number of occasions as a member of College Inspection Teams by the University f North Bengal
- MA. (Eng) – North Eastern Hill University, Shillong – 1980
- B.Ed – North Eastern Hill University – 1982
- MEd – Indira Gandhi National Open University – 2017
- PGDTE – Central Institute of English & Foreign Languages (presently EFL University), Shillong Campus – 1997
- CIC – Indira Gandhi National Open University – 1997
- PhD – North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong – 2005
- Presently of Student of M.A. Sociology (IGNOU)
|Semester I||Semester II|
|P – I||P – II||P – III||P – IV||P – V||P – VI||P – VII||P VIII|
|Structure of Modern English I: Modern Grammar||Fiction||Drama: Mediaeval to Modern||Shakespeare||Structure of Modern English II: Phonetics & Semantics||Spenser to Pope||Drama: Restoration to Modern||Use of English|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|P – IX||P – X||P – XI||P – XII||P – XIII||P – XIV||P – XV||P – XVI|
Romantic & Victorian
|Lit Theory & Criticism||Twentieth Century Literature||Applied Linguistics I:
English Language Teaching
|Indian Writing in English & Commonwealth Literature||English Prose||Literary Theory & Criticism||Applied Linguistics II: Stylistics|
PhD Topic: Error Analysis (Applied Linguistics)
Title: TEACHING OF ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE: A Study of Error Patterns with reference to +2 Students of Garo Hills
RESEARCH WORK UNDERTAKEN
- Title of the Project: i. An investigation into the Learning Situations, Learning Problems and Errors of the students of the +2 stage of Garo Hills. – Completed (Funding Agency: UGC)
- A Study of the Voice Modulations of speakers of Bengali of Cooch Behar – Continuing (Funding Agency: UGC)
RESEARCH WORK SUPERVISED
- M.Phil: One completed
- PhD: One completed
- Examiner for PhD thesis
- Bardhan, Sushanta Kumar and Rajdoot Mukhopadhyay (eds) (2011): Multiple Intelligences and the Teaching of English in Multiple Intelligences and English Language and Literature Teaching, Kolkata, Ashadeep (ISBN)
- Das, Kartick (Ed): Right to Development and Multiple Intelligences in Inclusive Education in India (ISBN)
- Linguistics and Translation in Victorian Journal of Art (ISSN)
- Varghese, Dr Pius et al (eds) (2013): Quality Sustenance in Higher Education in Proceeding of National Seminar on Quality Sustenance in NAAC Accredited Institutions of Higher Education, Tura, Don Bosco College
- Sharma, Gopal and Amrita Kuma Shi led (2015): Trafficking in Person and Human Rights Violations in West Bengal – A Cause of Concern in Human Rights in India – Issues and Concerns. New Delhi: Abhijet Publications ISBN 978-93-5074-195-5
SUMMER INSTITUTES, REFRESHER COURSES AND WORKSHOP UNDERTAKEN
- Participated in a Refresher Course for College Teachers of English organized by CIEFL Shillong from 01-03-82 to 13-03-82
- Participated in a Seminar on Evaluation & Examination Reforms organized by SEBA, Guwahati from 13-13-82 to 16-12-82
- Participated in a Workshop for NEHU College Teachers of English by NEHU, Kohima from20-0585 ro 03-06-85
- Participated in a Seminar on Sequences in Development in North-East India – A study of Continuity & Change at NEICSSR, Shillong from 9th to 10th Dec 1985
- Participated in a UGC summer Institute on ELT at GU, Guwahati from 23-10-86 to 10-11-86
- Participated in a Seminar on Impact of Land Reforms on North East India at NEICSSR, Shillong from 24th to 25th April 1987
- Participated in a Foundation Curse in Social Sciences Research Methodology at NEICSSR, Shillong from 05-02-88 to 14-07-88
- Participated in a Research Methodology Course organized by CIEFL, Shillong from 06-07-88 to 15-07-88.
- Participated in a Special Course in Phonetics & Phonology organized by CIEFL, Shillong from 04-07-88 to 15-07-88
- Participated in an Orientation Programme for Academic Counsellors at IGNOU, Shillong from 16-03-90 to 17-03-90
- Participated in an Orientation Programme for Academic Counsellors at IGNOU, Shillong on 24th August 1991
- Presented a paper in a seminar on Pattern & Problems of Population Trends in the Garo Hills at PERC, NEHU Shillong from 27th to 28th Nov 1991
- Participated in a Seminar on Tura 125th Year organized by Garo Literature Society from 28th to 29th Nov 1992
- Participated in a Seminar on Environment & Bio-Diversity at NEICORD on17th April 1993
- Participated in a Workshop on Examination Reforms organized by MBOSE, Shillong from 20-09-93 to 24-09-93
- Participated in a Seminar-cum-Workshop on TRANSLATION: Regional folklore & Literature at CIEFL, Shillong on 01-12-97
- Participated in a Seminar on Lexical Syllabuses at CIEFL, Shillong on 01-12-97
- Participated in a Workshop on CD-Rom databases in Social Sciences at ICSSR, Shillong from 23-03-98 to 26-03-98
- Organized & participated in a State level seminar on Garo Modern & Folk Song on behalf of North-Eastern Hill University at Tura Govt. College, Tura on 28-10-1998
- Resource Person at SCERT Training Programme for Upper primary Teachers at SCERT, Meghalaya, Tura in August 1999
- Participated in an Orientation Programme for Academic Counsellors at IGNOU, Tura on 11-08-98
- Participated in a National seminar on Women Writing in the North East at Central Institute of English & Foreign Language, Shillong, Meghalaya, from 11-03-1999 to 12-03-1999.
- Participated in a National Seminar on Garo Language and Literature organized by North-Eastern Hill University, at Tura, Meghalaya from 7-05-1999 to 8-05-1999
- Participated in an Induction Course for Principals at Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti, Chandigarh from 22-12-2000 to 31-12-2000
- Participated in a Refresher Course in English (Theme: Frontiers of Fiction) at CIEFL, Shillong, Meghalaya in from 22-06-2002 to 12-07-2002
- Participated in a National Seminar on Education in the 21st Century North East India Issues, Prospects and Challenges at North-East Council for Social Science Research in Shillong, Meghalaya from 17-06-2002 to 18-06-2002
- Participated in a Refresher Course in English (Theme: Poetics) at CIEFL, Shillong, Meghalaya from 21-11-2002 to 13-12-2002
- Participated in a UGC Sponsored Seminar on Role of Colleges & Assessment by NAAC at A.C.College of Commerce in Jalpaiguri, West Bengal on 17-04-2002
- Participated in a State level seminar on Problems of Management in the Governance of Non-Government Undergraduate Colleges in West Bengal with special reference to Quality Assurance and performance in higher Education at Silda Chandra Sekhar College in Silda. West Bengal on 21-02-2004
- Presented paper in international seminar on Indian English Literature 1780 – Present: Changing perspectives at Dept. of English, University of North Bengal in Siliguri. West Bengal from 18-03-2004 to 19-03-2004
- Participated in a Participated in International Seminar on Emergent Voices in American Literature at Dept. of English, University of North Bengal in Siliguri. West Bengal from 18-03-2004 to 19-03-2004
- Presented a paper in a State level Seminar: Rethinking Higher Education in India: Prospect and Retrospect at Kalipada Ghosh Tarai Mahavidyalaya in Bagdogra, West Bengal from 19-04-2005 to 20-04-2005
- Presented a paper at a UGC sponsored seminar on Human Dimensions of Environmental Issues and creative Education organized by Siliguri B.Ed College, Siliguri 2005
- Resource person at a Short Intensive teacher training for teachers of English organized by Institute of English, Kolkata at A.B.N. seal College, Cooch Behar on 30-05-2005 to 31-05-2005
- Participated in a Master Resource Person Training Programme for Developing English Language Teaching at the Secondary Level in West Bengal at Institute of English, Calcutta, West Bengal from 11-01-2006 to 1401-2006
- Presented a paper in a UGC sponsored National Workshop entitled Teaching Communicative English at the Tertiary Level at Bankim Sardar College in Tengrakhali from 9-03-2006 to 11-03-2006
- Undergone training Course on Digital Information Sources for Research & Digital Library at Jadavpur University in Jadavpur, Kolkata, West Bengal from 18-12-2006 to 21-12-2006
- Participated in a UGC sponsored State Level Seminar on Counselling: Remedies of Mental Health Problems at Mathabhanga College, Mathabhanga, West Bengal from 15-01-2007 to 16-01-2007
- Participated in a UGC sponsored National Seminar on Tradition & Modernity at B.N. Seal College, Cooch Behar, West Bengal from 15-09-2007 to 16-09-2007
- Presented a paper in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Postcolonialism in Indian Perspectives in West Goalpara College, Golapara, Assam from 7-11-2009 to 8-11-2009
- Participated in a State Level Seminar on Identity Movements in North Bengal Sitalkuchi College Situlkuchi, Cooch Behar, West Bengal from 19-11-2009 & 20-11-2009
- Presented a paper in a National Conference on Multiple Intelligence and English Language or Literature Teaching, organized by English Language Teachers; Association of India, Siru, West Bengal from 20-03-2010 t0 21-03-2010
- Presented a paper in a National Conference on ‘Realizing the Right to Development in India: the Challenges of Universal Elementary Education’ organized by Mathabhanga College, Mathabhanga, Cooch Behar, West Bengal from 25-03-2010 to 26-03-2010
- Participated in a National Seminar on Recent Reforms in Education in India: Trends and Challenges organized by University BT & Evening College, Cooch Behar, West Bengal from 1-10-2010 & 2-10-2010
- Participated in a Workshop for Development of Primary Teacher’s Handbook to promote interaction in the English Classroom organized by West Bengal Primary School Board in Kolkata, West Bengal from 8-11-2010 to 13-11-2010 with Dr Raymond George Mackay
- Participated in a Workshop on Assistance in Assessment & Accreditation/Reaccredidation by NAAC at Thakur Panchanan Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Cooch Behar, West Bengal on 26-02-2011
- Presented a paper in a National Seminar on “Reality and Practices of National Curriculum Framework of 2009 in the light of National Curriculum Framework 2005”. at Kalyani University, Kalyani, West Bengal from 22-09-2011 to 23-09 2011
- Presented a paper in a National ELT Conference for Teachers of English at the Undergraduate Level- Meeting Undergraduate Students’ English Language Needs: Exploring Current Pedagogical Practices, organized by the Department f English Language Teaching, Gauhati University from 19-01-2012 to 2001-2012
- Attended a workshop on ‘Tone and Intonation: Theory, Typology and Computation (WTI 2012)’ organized Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati from 26-01-2012 to 27-01-2012
- Presented a paper in an International Conference ‘Beyond Binaries: Sharing ELT practices and creating the Future’ organized by Nepal English Language Teachers’ Association, in Kathmandu from 18-02-2012 to 20-02-2012
- Resource Person at UGC Sponsored National Level Seminar-cum-Workshop on Exploring New Horizons on Translation: History, Theory and Practice organized by A.B.N.Seal College, Cooch Behar, West Bengal from 16-03-2012 to 17-03-2012
- Presented a paper in an International Seminar on ‘Thoughts & Ideas of Swami Vivekananda on Education’ organized by the department of Education, University of Kalyani, Kalyani, West Bengal from 18-04-2012 to 19-04-2012
- Conducted a Workshop on English Language Teaching at P.P. School, Patna, Bihar on 21-05-2012 on behalf of Oxford University Press
- Conducted a Workshop for teachers of Army Public School, Binnaguri, West Bengal on Communication Skills on 26-06-2012
- Conducted a Workshop on English Language Teaching at Biswanath Jnan Bharati School, Biswanath Chairali, Assam on 14-09-2012 on behalf of Oxford University Press
- Conducted a Workshop on English Language Teaching at Manav Bharati School, Gaya, Bihar on 13-10-2012 on behalf of Oxford University Press
- Conducted a Workshop on English Language Teaching at St. Robert’s High School, Jaklabandha, Assam on 31-10-2012 on behalf of Oxford University Press
- Conducted a Workshop on Phonetics at Edith Douglas High School, Mokokchung, Nagaland on 9-11-2012 on behalf of Oxford University Press
- Gave a talk in UGC Academic Staff College, University of North Bengal on 01-03-2013 during a Refresher Course in English
- Chaired a session in a seminar on Reading Poetry in UGC Academic Staff College, University of North Bengal on 01-03-2013
- Presented a paper in a National Seminar on ‘Relevance of Swami Vivekananda in the Presented Social and Economic Scenario’ organized by Dept. Of Economics & Commerce, Cooch Behar College, Cooch Behar, West Bengal from 01-04-2013 to 02-04-2013
- Conducted a Workshop on Motivational Skills for Secondary School teachers at Morning Star Model School, Jateswar, West Bengal on 11th of May 2013 on behalf of Oxford University Press
- Resource Person & chaired a session in a National seminar on Quality Sustenance in NAAC Accredited Institutions of Higher Education organized by Don Bosco College, Tura, Meghalaya from 6th to 7th May 2013
- Resource person in a Orientation Programme for Counsellors B.Ed ODL Course of NSOU organized by Netaji Subhas Open University in collaboration with Department of Higher Education, Govt. Of West Bengal, DEP-SSA (An MHRD Project), New Delhi & PBSSM, Kolkata on 5th of June 2013.
- Participated in a workshop conducted by Vidyasagar College of Education, Phansidewa, on behalf of Indira Gandhi National Open University, w.e.f. 10-06-13 to 16-06-13
- Conducted a Workshop on CCE for Secondary School teachers at Bina Mohit Memorial School, Cooch Behar
- Conducted a Workshop on Listening & Speaking Skills for Secondary School teachers at Atreyee DAV Public School. Balurghat, West Bengal on 28th of September 2013 on behalf of Oxford University Press
- Conducted a Workshop on Motivational Skills for Secondary School teachers at Olivia Enlightened English School, Bhim Bhar, Siliguri West Bengal on 9th of November 2013 on behalf of Oxford University Press
- Conducted a Workshop on Methodology of Teaching for Upper Primary School teachers at Bina Mohit Memorial School, Cooch Behar on 23rd of November 2013
- Participated in a workshop conducted by Vidyasagar College of Education, Phansidewa, on behalf of Indira Gandhi National Open University, w.e.f. 22-05-14 to 31-05-14
- Conducted a workshop for Teachers of Ankur Play School, SHQ, BSF, Cooch Behar on 4th of July 2014.
- Conducted a workshop for Primary School Teachers on CCE, in Ramakrishna Mission Higher Secondary School, Cherrapunji, Meghalaya on 28th of July 2014
- Conducted a workshop for Secondary School Teachers on ELT, in Ramakrishna Mission Higher Secondary School, Cherrapunji, Meghalaya 28th of July 2014
- Conducted a workshop for Primary School Teachers on ELT, in Ramakrishna Mission Higher Secondary School, Cherrapunji, Meghalaya on 29th of July 2014
- Conducted a Workshop at BSF, School Siliguri on ELT for Primary School Teachers on behalf of Oxford University Press on 29th of August 2014
- Presented a paper in a National Seminar on Folk Culture of the North-East:Tradition and Innovation organized by Mankachar College, Mankachar, Assam on ‘Snake Worship and other Khasi Traditions and Beliefs’ on12th September 2014
- Resource Person & Chaired a session in a National Seminar organized by Mankachar College, Mankachar, Assam on 12th September 2014
- Conducted a Workshop at Anxiom English School on ELT for Secondary School Teachers on behalf of Oxford University Press on 18th of October 2014
- Presented a paper in a UGC-DEB National Seminar on ‘Higher Education and Vocational Training through Open and Distance Learning: Challenges and Prospects’ organized by Sitalkuchi College, Sitalkuchi on ‘Evolution of ODL System’ on 21st & 22nd October 2014
- Presented a paper in a UGC-DEB National Seminar organized by Sitalkuchi College, Sitalkuchi on ‘Evaluation System in the ODL Mode’ on 21st & 22nd October 2014
- Conducted a Motivational Workshop for teachers at Birpara Academy, Birpara on behalf of Oxford University Press on 29th of November 2014
- Resource Person in a State Level Workshop on “Strategic Implementation of B.Ed Curriculum (2014-15) of NBU” organized by Ananda Chandra Training College, Jalpaiguri, WB on 7th & 8th of January 2015.
- Presented a paper in an ICSSR sponsored International Seminar on ‘Women Empowerment: Issues and Challenges” organized by Gossaigaon College, Gossaigaon, Assam on’Status of women in Meghalaya’ on 4th, 5th and 6th of Feb 2015
- Participated in a National level workshop on ‘Teacher Education Regulations 2014, Norms and Standards and New Curriculum Frameworks” organized by National Council for Teacher Education at Regional Institute of Education, Bhubaneswar, Odisha on 21st & 22nd of Feb 2015
- Spoke on Soft Skills during a Soft Skills Training Program in Cooch Behar Polutechnic 0n 3rd, 4th, 9th, 16th and 23rd of March 2015
- Resource Person at an International Seminar on ‘Teacher Education in the Twenty-first Century: A Challenge to Quality Education’ entitled ‘Teacher Education in West Bengal – a cause for serious introspection’ organized by Kabiguru Rabindranath College of Education, Gosairhat, Cooch Behar on 13th & 14th of March 2015.
- Presented a paper at an International Seminar on ‘Teacher Education in the Twenty-first Century: A Challenge to Quality Education’ entitled ‘Teacher Education in West Bengal – a cause for serious introspection’ organized by Kabiguru Rabindranath College of Education, Gosairhat, Cooch Behar on 13th & 14th of March 2015.
- Presented a paper in a UGC sponsored National Seminar on Theory and Practice of Human Rights: The Indian Context entitled ‘Trafficking in Person and Human Rights Violations in West Bengal – a cause for concern’ organized by Sitalkuchi College. Sitalkuchi, West Bengal on 20th & 21st of March 2015
- Conducted a Workshop for teachers of Bina Mohit Memorial School, Cooch Behar on 4th of April 2015.
- Conducted a workshop at St. Joseph’s English School, Paralakhemundi, Odisha on ELT with special emphasis on Listening & Speaking on behalf of 18th of April 2015.
- Delivered a lecture on “Career Counselling” for students of Class VIII to X at BSF Campus Gopalpur, Cooch Behar on 28th of April 2015.
- Conducted a workshop for teachers of Kendriya Vidyalaya at BSF Campus Gopalpur, Coch Behar from 13th t0 16th of April 2015.
- Participated in a UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Prospects and Challenges of Teacher Education in India” organized by Siliguri B.Ed College, Siliguri on 19th of May 2015.
- Conducted a workshop for teachers of Usha Martin School, Malda on 20th of May 2015.
- Conducted a workshop for teachers of Usha Martin World School, Patna on 22nd of May 2015.
- Conducted a workshop on Assessment of Listening for teachers of Chapra, Central School, Patna, Bihar on behalf of Oxford University Press on 23rd of May 2015.
- Participated in a workshop on translation conducted by Tess India in collaboration with British Council, UK Open University and SCERT, West Bengal
- Chaired a session in a National Seminar on Postcolonial Indian Theatre organized by University BT & Evening College, Cooch Behar.
- Presented a paper in a National Seminar on Panchanan Barma organized by Dinhata College, Dinhata.
- Delivered a speech as an invited speaker in an institutional seminar on Gender organized by Thakur Panchanan Mahila Mahavidyalaya on 8th October 2015.
- Participated in a Workshop for Teacher Trainers as a Resource Person on 1st of March 2016 organized jointly by University BT & Evening College, Cooch Behar and TESS India
- Presented a paper in an International Seminar on Contemporary Trends in Humanities and Social Sciences, organized by A.B. N. Seal College, Cooch Behar on 7th & 8th April 2016.
- Presented a paper in an Inter-Disciplinary (Science) National Seminar organized by A.B. N. Seal College, Cooch Behar on 10th & 11th April 2016.
- Conducted a Workshop for the students of Williamnagar Govt. College, Williamnagar, Megahalaya on Paragraph Writing on 12th of July 2016
- Participated in a Programme on 16th July 2016 for Developing Exemplars for Development of Digital Content fo Secondary Level on English Language Learning & Teaching and Rendered Services as State Resource Group Member organized by SCERT, West Bengal, at Kolkata on 19th July 2016.
- Conducted a workshop on Motivation and Classroom Management for teachers of St. Francis High School, Basugaon, Assam on behalf of Oxford University Press on 5th of August 2016.
- Worked as a facilitator for the Induction Level Training for Group D (Non-Gazetted) and Group C employees (2nd Phase) at Regional Training Centre, Cooch Behar District Administration on 22nd of September 2016.
- Delivered a lecture on Stress Management to Teachers of Polytechnic of Cooch Behar District in September 2016.
- Participated in a National Workshop on 9th & 10th of November 2016 on ‘Use of Computer in Quantitative Analysis in Educational Research’ organized by Harkamaya College of Education, Gangtok, Sikkim
- Participated in an In-service Training and Sensitization Programme of Key functionaries of Central and State Governments, Local Bodies and other service providers from 16th to 18th of February 2017 of Rehabilitation Council of in Siliguri organized by School of Education, Netaji Subhas Open University.
- Participated in West Bengal State Trainers’ seminar organized by Bengal Chess Association in association with Cooch Behar District Chess Association from 4th to 5th March 2017 in Cooch Behar.
- Participated in West Bengal State Arbiter seminar organized by Bengal Chess Association in association with Cooch Behar District Chess Association from 4th to 5th March 2017 in Cooch Behar.
- Resource Person in a UGC sponsored National Seminar on Human Rights: Challenges & Perspectives in the Indian Context organized by IQAC, University BT & Evening College, Cooch Behar on 27th of March 2017.
- Resource Person in a National Seminar on Changing Environment: Natural Disaster in North Bengal-North East India and the Role of NSS organized by Bakshirhat Mahavidyalaya on 30th March 2017.
- Participated in UGC sponsored State Level Workshop on Implementation of Teacher Education Programme in the Socio-Cultural Perspectives of North Bengal organized by Siliguri B. Ed College on 31st of March 2017.
- Resource Person in a National Seminar on ‘Today’s Education Tomorrow’s National’ organized by Eastern Dooars B.Ed Training College on 2nd & 3rd June 2017.
- Resource Person in a International Seminar on ‘Education System in South Asian Countries’ organized by Eastern Dooars B.Ed Training College on 30th August 2017.
- Commissioned as 2/LT in NCC (Army wing) in 1997
- Merit of being Champion at District level Open Debate Competition in 1992
- Merit of being 3rd in Inter-college Debate
- Merit of representing the University in cricket
- Merit of playing Table-Tennis at the state Level
- Merit of playing for the University PG team in Volley ball
- Merit of playing the final at District level Table-tennis on a number of occasions
- Prestige of being pioneering General Secretary of Meghalaya Debating Society (continued till Oct 2000)
- Distinction of being pioneering General Secretary of Tura Table-Tennis Association (District Level Association) (continued till Oct 2000)
- Credited for successfully organizing various and raising the standard of Debate, Elocution, short Talk, quiz, Story Telling, etc in a big way in the three Districts of Garo Hills of Meghalaya
- Attributed for conducting number of Quiz programmes in DDK, Tura & Jalpaiguri and all over Garo Hills of Meghalaya
- Received a certificate in Fruit Preservation
- Certificate in Computer application
- Took part in NCC in School & College – passed ‘A’ Certificate
- Interviewed dignitaries in AIR & DDK, Tura.
- Given talks in AIR, Tura & Shillong & some have been broadcast for the north-East).
- Certificate in Computer application
- Working knowledge of Internet & ICT
- Conducted two Minor Research Projects under the UGC.
- Worked as field Investigator for a UNICEF Project.